Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's almost that time!!


Well, it's almost that time. Christmas is almost here. And we have another year of unfinished Christmas projects. I swore last year the this year, I would have something for everyone. Well, that didn't exactly happen. See, I get caught up in self knitting, until now, when I'm in a panic about knitting for everyone else. I've been on a sock kick (no pun intended) for awhile now and that's all I want to knit. Which would be great if I would give some of them as gifts, but, you see, I am VERY selfish when it comes to my handknitted socks and my sock yarn. I am VERY VERY picky about who gets the socks I make and IF (a very big IF) I give them away, there is some yarn that noone, and I do mean NOONE gets. I need therapy, I know, but I can't help it, I've tried. I can't make myself do it, I can't make myself give them away. So, I frantically knit a pair of gloves last week for my mother; dk weight, they went fast. They turned out really nice, I made them out of Gypsyknits dk merino yarn, I think it's my new favorite yarn!! I also have a pair of socks for my mom-in-law; 2 out of 15 isn't bad, right? I've started socks for my dad-in-law, I may get them done. Oh well, my bff knitting friend and I are going to start Christmas gifts for next year right after new years!!!

3 comments:

Laura Neal said...

Those are really cool gloves. That colorway is just gorgeous! I love knitting with gypsyknits yarns! I too am a fan! :0)
I am making trolls socks right now. It is a pretty colorway as well.

Laura Neal said...

My ravelry name is droolingoveryarn. I am still trying to get into the swing of things!

gypsyknits said...

Socks are gorgeous.
Burn the midnite oil, stop laundry, cleaning and cooking and you might get those 15 gifts knitted.....maybe.....hey, what are we doing at the first of the year? LOL

2 fav things

Meez 3D avatar avatars games