Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas soon!!

I can't believe it is the end of November already. 25 days until St. Nick!! I don't think I'll be ready. Last year I couldn't get in the mood and this year I am soo in the mood for Christmas and there's not enough time. It will be here and gone before I'm ready. I have been decorating all week long. I have 14 trees up and am looking for someplace to put more. I know that sound like alot, but my house is big. Let's see, 2 on the front porch, 1 in the foyer, 3 in the living room, 3 in the dining room, 2 in the kitchen, 1 in the bathroom, and 1 in each of the kids rooms. They are not all huge trees either, I like to but small trees in the corners of rooms if it looks bare. The small trees only have lights, no decorations.
I finished the dad-in-law socks and started the son's hat out of gypsyknits dk yarn. Thank you to Gypsyknits for the custom "Texas Longhorns" yarn. My son is a HUGE Texas Longhorns fan (I don't know why since we live in Maryland) anyway; I bought him a coat for Christmas that is Texas orange, so I asked her if she would dye me yarn in Texas colors. I took her the t-shirt, because it is not a normal color orange. She nailed it, it is perfect. It is Texas orange and black; absolutely perfect!!!! I coudn't have wished it any better. He is going to be soo excited. I am making a hat and gloves out of it (pictures will follow soon). Thank you again BFF!!!

1 comment:

gypsyknits said...

You are so VERY WELCOME! I think the boy is going to love it because his mom knitted it.
Then you need to take a bow! Next year we're gonna be prepared. (okay, write that down so we can refer to it later......LOL)

2 fav things

Meez 3D avatar avatars games