Monday, August 04, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!


Another Birthday has passed. We are always on vacation for my birthday (July 17), so when we returned my BFF came by the house bringing along my gift. I always love the gifts from her, she knows me so well and always puts much thought into them. This year she made me a crocheted doilie. I LOVE doilies!! They are all over my house, some were given to me by my grandmother, others I have found at yard sales and church bazaars, but this one is now THE FAVORITE,because of course now I appreciate the work that goes into them and know how long it took her to make this one. It is beautiful. She also included a skein of Tempted Glam Girl red, white, and silver sparkle yarn to make a pair of gloves and a sock it bag that she made out of red football fabric so I can take my knitting to the local high school football games!!! Along with the gift came a plateful of gobs(whoopie pies), also my favorite. Not good for the hips, but what the heck, it's my birthday after all!! I managed to eat them in 3 days. Thank you sooo much Kathy!


I have signed up for the Ravelympics2008! I'm sooo excited. I always wanted to be in the Olympics, just never had and talent!! I'm in the Sock put. You all know how I love socks and I have many pairs to make for Christmas so I figured that this would be a kick start to my Christmas knitting. However, I chose to make Socks that Rock and a Cookie A pattern (my two favorite things!) so if they make it in the Christmas basket for gift giving it will be a miracle!! Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

gypsyknits said...

You are so very welcome. It was a challenge to keep the doily, yarn and bag a secret but I did it! :)

Go for the Gold!LOL

2 fav things

Meez 3D avatar avatars games