Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Very Selfish!!

Haven't we always taught our children to share and think of others and not be selfish? I know I have (not that it took). And what is that saying?....Do as I say not as I do....Well, let me just say, I am the one that needs to be taught thinking of others and not being selfish. Everything I am actively knitting right now is for self. MY CPH, MY knotty gloves, MY October socks, you get the picture. My BFF called this morning in a panic over Christmas gifts (can anyone say deja-vu), I told her I made my Christmas list yesterday and am not real concerned with knitted gifts for Christmas. I am more concerned with self knitting. This by the way is the same friend who called about getting the CPH done for the high school football game (see previous post). I can't do it all and I'm not trying. If I get gifts done, good, if I don't, oh well, nothing I can do. Well maybe there is something I could have done, like knit for someone beside self. No, not going to happen right now, I'm not in the mood. I know, I know, I told myself last year that this wasn't going to happen this year, that I was going to have gifts knitted!! Well, another year and here we are again. I need more time, and self NEEDS hand knitted things too. What is the fun in only knitting for others? Oh, yea, that giving is the true gift bologna, and blessed is the giver and all that. Well, right now, self needs a CPH and knotty gloves, and October socks. Don't get me wrong, giving is fun especially when the recipient really and truly appreciates it. I do so enjoy giving to people who really love it!! Oh great, here it comes, thanks BFF, now I need to get busy knitting gifts. 2 months till Christmas? PANIC!!!!

1 comment:

gypsyknits said...

WEll thank goodness I'm not alone in the Panic now. Whew! I was afraid I would be in a panic all by myself. It gives me solace to have company.........lol

Smoke those needles......FAST!

2 fav things

Meez 3D avatar avatars games