Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sixteen already!!

Well, today is my DD sixteenth birthday!! I can't believe it, she's sixteen already. I am baking cupcakes now for her to take with her tonight. Tonight is her first basketball game of the season and the team is going to eat before the game so she is taking cupcakes in honor of her birthday. It seems like yesterday that I held her and looked at her for hours not really believing that she could be mine. I still look at the beautiful young woman that she has become and can't believe she is mine. I have been blessed with two wonderful children. Thank you Lord!

I think I'm finally finished my decorating. All the trees are up and decorated, the garland is up and the knick knacks are out. I keep thinking of things and going to the attic to pull out more. I guess I'll probably still be decorating on Christmas Eve. My Husband volunteered our house for Christmas Eve with my side of the family. My parents living room is not very big and when we are all together there are 23 of us, so we definitly need space. I really don't mind, but now I have to really clean. One more thing to add to the list. I didn't have enough to do, so one more thing won't matter, LOL!! I'll get through and what gets done, gets done, and what doesn't, doesn't I can't stress about it. I enjoy Christmas too much to worry about a clean house and a couple gifts that didn't get knitted. Christmas is about the family being together, not what I didn't get done. Next year I'll be more organized, HaHa,lol!!

2 comments:

Laura Neal said...

Tell your daughter, Happy Birthday. Ask me if I have wrapped any Christmas gifts? Nope, I am so thinking for the big gifts this year, a lawn and leaf bag with a bow on it. With my yarn business hopping, I don't have time or energy for much else. Then with the DH screaming the house is a mess and needs to be cleaned, no desire to wrap presents.

gypsyknits said...

Happy Birthday A!
You have been blessed, but you know I'll be reminding you of this blessing in 10 days when they're home from school for a week...........LOL

I promise I won't do the white glove test on New Year's Eve. LOL

2 fav things

Meez 3D avatar avatars games