Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Family Chaos!!!

Let me start by saying, "I love my family" keep that in mind as I recall the events of last night. Why can't life just be simple and noncomplicated? My DD (darling daughter) has been having trouble with her eyes, we thought she had pink eye, but no, we figured out she was allergic to the solution she was using for her contacts. So my pb(pain in the butt) sister calls over the weekend to ask what I have planned for my mothers birthday; honestly I hadn't thought about it. She decides we should have the family get together on Monday at 6:30. Which I say is fine, but DD is to go to the eye doctor @ 6:30 on Monday, so we will be late. Fine with me, less time I have to spend with the fam!!! So yesterday, the eye doctor calls and needs to reschedule the appointment because the doctor is sick. OK, so now I have to pick the DD up @5:30 from volleyball practice, so I fugure I'll just head down to Mom's then. I wrap Mom's gifts (one from us and one from Dad, cuz you know I had to order it and wrap it and bring it to Mom for him ), gather my knitting, get my camera and replace the batteries and @ 5:09 I am ready to walk out the door. I should have known, things where going too well. My son comes running in the house looking for the sissors, what for? I ask "MY NEW BIKE JUST CAME!!!" he exclaims. You see, he has been looking through this catalog for a month with his birthday money burning a hole in his pocket. Now, mind you, we bought him a bmx racing bike for his birthday in August and he has a trick bike that we bought him last summer which is still in good shape. But, no he HAD TO HAVE this new trick bike, because he had the money you see. So, now it is 5:15 and his sister needs picked up and his bike needs put together and we are suppose to be at my mother's. Do you see where this is going? So, I say to the WH, I'll go pick up DD and come back to get him while you put the bike together. So, I leave; pick up DD and come back home to find they can't get the brakes to work and the WH is slowly, but surely losing patience. It is now nearly 6 o'clock. I take the presents and the knitting bag to the car. When I return to the house the WH has had it with the brakes and is about to throw the bike across the living room. What is that? Oh, my cell phone is ringing in my purse.
It's my niece, the crazy one, "Aunt Di where are you? Are you coming?".
" Yes, I'm trying, we will be there shortly."
I calmly say to the WH "Let me take it with me and maybe Dad can look at it", "OK" he replied. So I load up the bike and my children and we're off. I pull into my mother's alley and unload the bike and hand the knitting bag and camera bag to the DD and get the gifts. The cell phone again, so I balance the gifts on the edge of the car and fumble through the purse for the phone.
Found it, oh my pbsister, "where are you?"
"I'm in the alley"
"I thought you were coming @ 5:30 when you picked up, (DD)" she had called in the afternoon and I had given her the info about the eye dr. so she was still thinking we should have been there by now.
"I was it's a long story, I'll be in, in a minute" I hang up before the gifts go tumbling.
So in the back door I come and the niece#2 runs up and the pbsis is standing with her arms crossed and the nephew#1 is waiting for the movie that he called and asked us to bring him. I take the gifts in the room and am followed by the PBS who is still waiting for me to give her every detail why we are late, although, it wasn't suppose to start until 6:30 and it in now only 6:15, I am still considered late. The dinner goes well, Mom wants to open gifts, so I get out the camera to capture the moment....I turn it on, no memory card. Just my luck, this is the type of night I am having. So I ask PBS to get me copies of her pics. About that time the niece#2 (crazy niece)brings down the keyboard and decides to play us all a song. So, for the next 1 1/2 hours we are blessed with the sounds of song, the TV and kids, being kids. I just wonder why it has to be sooo noisey. The neices and nephews range in age from 20-9 and then there is the great-nephew who just turned one. So the youngest niece and the great-nephew are running around the house, the son and nephew#2 are wresling, nephew#1 is now playing the keyboard and the goofy niece is being her normal loud funny self, while DD is trying to set up Mom's new laptop ( the Dad gift) and the PBS is trying to organize everyone and the phone is ringing again. Oh yea, and the bike is in the kitchen being worked on. I was ready to scream, so much for knitting. It is now 8pm and I have had it, I now have the biggest headache. On the phone is WH who wants to know what time the mall closes. He needs a drill and if I come get him we can go Sears and get one before they close. Sure dear, I'm leaving now, be right there. So son wonders what happened to his bike that was on the back porch, oh yea, Daddy took it home when he left an hour ago and didn't tell anyone!! Thanks for the scare!!! So I left Mom's in as big of a rush as I got there and even more frazzled!! Like I said, I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!

2 comments:

Laura Neal said...

You think you have chaos, try being the youngest in a family of 8 and everyone tries to tell me what to do. I don't think so. I generally dig in my heels and get mulish.
I bring desserts to mellow them all out as well. If they have food in their mouths then they can't complain and bitch about everything. Oh, rolling your eyes really ticks them off as well.
:) Laura

gypsyknits said...

Okay, you know what kind of a weekend I've had so I'm right there with you...mmmmm....I'm still looking into those one way tickets to the bermuda triangle for certain family members. The boat is getting a bit crowded though.....LOL

2 fav things

Meez 3D avatar avatars games